Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Rewarding Ride

It's been really hot, so I got up early this morning to get a ride in. My plan was to ride four or five miles. My routine workout.

I really wasn't feeling it, but I got on the bike and just did it. At the turn around point I started feeling better. I always (well, usually) do.

On the ride back a doe crossed my path about ten yards ahead then paused there and let me pass close enough to touch her. I felt this was a little reward from nature or God or whatever for persevering. Some days you know you are just living right.

I see this as a sign that I am on the right track. I was really sick over the winter with the gall stones/pancreatitis. I see this as a sign that everything will be okay. I will beat the diabetes and be around for my kids.

Bicycling is the one sport I've done my whole life. Some of my fondest memories are bike rides with dad and a neighbor down the street. I want this for my children as well. I want them to be healthy and to have those great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment