Sunday, July 10, 2011

Work to do this week

My goal for this week is to build up to a longer, eight mile ride. I know this might not seem like a lot, but it's a huge step for me as I recover from my illness and years of being out of shape.

My plan is to ride Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I will shot for one more mile each day - six, seven and finally eight miles.

I have to say. I think this is the limit of what I can do on this bike. I think if I did ten miles on it I would probably lose both legs. Okay, that's a bit dramatic, but my point is this bike is just not comfortable for that long a ride.

I find that I get a second and even third wind on the bike. I tend to huff and puff right out of the box, but then feel great. I wish it wasn't so hot, though. I would love a cool ride in Minneapolis right about now. Not in the cards, though.

I have come a long way in the past month. I can do five miles without a putting a foot down, and that's an accomplishment in its own right. I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment