Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Doing the Minimum

For me right now my minimum is five miles every other day. I want to work up to five miles every day, then expand on that. I kind of look at it as a price I must pay for being diabetic. I should probably walk the dog once a day too. If I can do a five miler after breakfast and a nice walk after dinner or before bed, I think I'm doing pretty well. When I'm walking the dog I can smoke one of those little cigars I'm fond of as well.

Eventually I want to work in gym workouts three times a week and longer weekend rides.

My schedule this fall is a bit uncertain. I know I will be going to school, mostly in the evening, but I'll also be working part-time at least. It's going to be very important to work in my exercise. I simply have to do this to combat my diabetes. I have seen the benefits in my blood sugars. This is not a luxury. It is a lifestyle I must live.

My hardest battle ahead will be shifting to a lower fat, low carb diet that is nutritious. Right now I get buy limiting my carbs for the most part, but I still eat like crap. I have allowed myself to take a pass on this issue as I get other areas of my life in line, but this is something I need to do sooner, rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment