Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trip to the Bike Shop

I went to Bike Source and talked with Jason today. I am conflicted to say the least.

He suggested the Specialized Tricross. This would be a good tourer and would work right along with my goal to do the Biking Across Kansas Ride. You can fit this bike with a nice rear and front rack from Specialized. It has wider tires, but has the geometry of a road bike.

The Secteur is strictly a road bike. The Sirrus is strictly a bike path bike. The Tricross would do road, path and Katy Trail rides, though changing out the tires might be required. The cost for the base model of the Tricross is in line with a decent Secteur build.

One can do a lot on this bike, but I don't have the money right now. This bike plus perhaps a road bike and mountain bike will get you just about anywhere.

I still love those cruisers though. Anyway, I won't know until I ride some bikes, which will be very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment