Monday, July 11, 2011

A New Seat for the Townie (Again)

I caved and bought a new seat for the Townie today. It is great. My feet hurt a bit, but my backside felt great. It feels like a new bike.

I am working toward doing eight miles this weekend, and with this seat I feel I can do it. Comfort is so important. Serfas makes some great stuff.

I am going to treat myself to a test ride on Friday, which is my birthday. Jason at BikeSource is going to hook me up to test out a few bikes. My feeling is that I'm not ready for a road bike right now, but we'll see. You never know until you test ride them. I will never ride a bike again without riding it first.

For my needs, a Sirrus might be the most versatile option. I could buy a cheap one and build it up. They also have a good deal on last year's Allez, so I might ride that one too. I could upgrade that bike as time goes along and it would be okay for touring. It's not suited for the trail, though, but even that is doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment