Thursday, July 28, 2011

A difficult week off the bike

I am changing careers and the past two weeks I have been doing a clinical experience at a long-term care facility for a nursing assistant certificate, which is the first step toward applying for the RN program I am hoping to enter.

This has not left much time for riding. It seems the only time I can ride is when it is 100-plus degrees in the afternoon. It is just too hot. The last time I was on the bike was last Sunday, and that was a ride I had to abandon because of lightning.

I take my state certification exam tomorrow and I am off all next week. I am hoping to ride every day and build up to at least a ten-mile ride the following weekend in anticipation of the Sunflowers to Roses ride in the middle of next month.

In the short amount of time I have been back into riding, I have become addicted. I just don't feel right this week. I have felt a little bit of panic creeping back in at times. Heck, I can't even go two days in a row without riding before I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment