Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oh my!

This is a lot easier when you ride every day. My hands and back were killing me on the short ride I did today. I recovered quickly though, once I got off the bike.

My route took me down Ensley to 98th Street. I got lost again. These streets have no logical pattern in this part of the city. I came back via Delmar, passing my sister-in-law's house, where I paused for water at the end of the driveway. The house looked dark, so I did not knock.

I am used to riding the flat path or along Tomahawk Creek, which is sometimes not busy and basically flat because it follows the stream. On this ride there was one heck of a climb at one point early on. I am getting better conditioned to climbing, but it's always going to be an issue if I am carrying this weight. another reason to lose.

I am still pretty slow, I think. Not beginner slow, but I rarely get out of the small chain ring. Still, it felt good. I was plenty warm, despite the 46-degree weather and a west wind. At least winter is sunny around these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment