Friday, January 6, 2012

Feeling Strong Again

It's coming back.

I felt really strong today. The human body is pretty amazing. I'm constantly surprised at how easy it is to get back into shape. Assuming, that is, that you aren't way out of shape. The layoff over finals and the holidays was a long one, but I felt just fine today on the bike. I think was even faster than at the end of the summer. I guess that's what some rest can do for you.

On my ride today I passed the Leawood bike cop twice. He's the same one who lay in wait for me to give me a ticket for expired tags. How dare I park a non-compliant vehicle in his park! Oh the problems we have in the suburbs. I can't complain, though. One morning at 3 a.m. the Leawood Police knocked on my door to tell me my garage was open. Across the stateline the cops won't come unless the robber is still in the house.

The Blue Valley North cross country or track team was out in force on the trail today. They run in little cliques.

Speaking of kids. Apparently meeting up with your friends and getting high or drunk in the park is alive and well. Probably why the bike cop was out. Nice to see a new generation of hippies on the loose. They are our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment