Monday, January 9, 2012

Fast one

Not to toot my own horn, but man was I fast today. Mind you, I've been on the bike path a lot lately, so this isn't road miles. I was right at 15 miles per hour for the little loop I do, which is not bad considering one has to dodge walkers and for some odd reason the recumbent bikes that seem to plague this section of trail. For this reason I don't get off the small chain ring on the trail.

I am absolutely getting faster and with less effort. It's a good feeling.

I started this one out by freezing my you-know-what off. I was seriously considering turning round, but as usual my philosophy of just getting on the bike won the day. I was soon feeling great. The base layer makes a huge difference. My issue on this day was the fingerless gloves and lack of a beanie. How can 52 degrees and sunny be so cold. Probably the 15-mile-per-hour wind chill. At least.

Anyway, I did my whole little loop from Leawood City Park to I-Lan Park, which I manage to turn into about ten miles. I did not even stop for water at the turn around - I rode straight through.

It's hard to believe that six months ago I would be so gassed after a 20-minute ride at 10-12 miles per hour that I would hold onto the car for support. now I can do 40-plus minutes and feel great. Wanting more in fact.

I love my little Allez. It just looks fast sitting on the back of my car!

No comments:

Post a Comment