Thursday, January 5, 2012

It can't be January

The car says its 65 today. It can't be January. In any case, it was a fantastic day to ride. I did a little extra in fact.

As usual, the first mile is always a bit tough for me. I'm not sure this is what I want to be doing at the moment. After that, you can't get me off the bike. I think it's a remnant of my past couch-potato existence. It's my body at a cellular level rebelling against doing something healthy. It's kind of like our appendix. It served a purpose at some point, but is now totally useless. Of course it can kill you, if you ignore it when it troubles you. Laziness can too, I guess.

I was having fun. I took a few chances cornering at speed. Did a few sprints. Even got into the drops a bit, which is something I'm not very confident doing and, until I lose a bit more weight, not very comfortable. Basically, I was really into it today.

I think part of the reason was that I didn't have to bundle up today. Riding is much more enjoyable when you don't have to spend all that time getting the gear on and you can enjoy being on the bike without so many layers.

I did have an annoying rattle, which I attributed to a spoke on the rear wheel coming out. I pulled out my handy spoke tool at the turn-around and was able to more or less fix it. The rear wheel is coming out of true. This is something I'll just have to deal with until I shed more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment