Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Cyclist Can Own A Ferrari F1 Car

When people ask me why I enjoy cycling, one of the things I usually finish with is: "And I will never be able to drive a Formula One car, but I can own the bicycle equivalent."

It is possible to go down to the local bike shop and buy the exact bike that wins the Tour de France. And the cost would be south of $10,000. That's less than most Harley-Davidson motorcycles. You can usually even buy one in the team colors of the winning racer.

As I've stated before, I'm a big fan of Specialized's race bikes. The Tarmac SL4 is the latest things, and a S-Works SL4 with the SRAM Red setup most racers prefer costs around $8k.

I ran across this article on Peloton Magazine's Web site. The writer was given the chance to ride one of Tour of Flanders winner Tom Boonen's S-Works SL4 bikes in full race trim. What an experience.

Peloton

No comments:

Post a Comment