Friday, June 24, 2011

The Tomahawk Creek Trail

Did a 30 minute four-mile ride on the Tomahawk Cree trail. Met my friend Joni about half way. I had not seen Joni since I got sick. It was nice to see her and her son. It was also nice to get a compliment on my looks. I've lost 40 pounds since I last saw her. There are not too many people in my life I have not seen in that time and it's always nice to hear you are on the right track.

I photographed a crane at the turnaround. The wildlife here is not afraid of you, which is nice. There are a lot of Canada goose and deer. They come right up to you.

I used to walk this trail about 15 years ago and it's falling apart in places. Leawood is not maintaining it like they used to. It's a shame. There are bad utility cuts and rough spots, though it's better than on the Kansas City side.I realize money is tight with cities these days and this trail gets a lot of use, but it needs a good overlay now and then.

Dropped the blood sugar something like 90 points. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment