Sunday, June 26, 2011

Biking Across Kansas

A long-term goal is to do the Biking Across Kansas ride. This ride is held every June and is about 475 miles in length. The ride takes eight days, which makes the average around 60 miles a day.

I'm not sure if I will be ready by next year. There are other things I want to do before that, such as group rides and some event rides. In particular there is a beginners group ride of about 16 miles that goes from Waldo to Prairie Village and back. That might be a good ride to do to meet some people. I am planning on doing a group ride in August which has a pretty short route. Of course my main focus is to start doing the Tour de Cure on a regular basis. The Tour is also in June and has several routes, the longest of which is a Century.

When I do the Ride Across Kansas I want to do it with one or more diabetics. We can wear Red Rider jerseys the first and last day!

The best bike to do this is probably a Specialized Tricross. That's going to be a second bike, which is more of a reason to wait a couple of years. The ride is fully supported, so the camping gear and clothes can be thrown on the support truck.

Anyway, something to think about when I'm out there riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment