Friday, June 24, 2011

Specialized Sirrus and Hybrids

My Electra Townie is a funny duck. It is very comfortable when you weigh a lot and putting pressure on a narrow bicycle seat is painful. However, this upright riding position is not comfortable for too long.

For the longest time I wanted a flat-bar road bike. Namely, the Specialized Sirrus. The last bike I had before the Townie was a department store bike, an L.L. Bean Arcadia Cruiser, which is made by Schwinn. I hated it. It had a front suspension that would not lock out. I attributed my hating the bike to this fork.

But now that I ride the Townie, which is pretty comfortable, though it needs a better seat, I realize that the upright position does not serve you well on long rides. I am rethinking the Sirrus thing.

This is all the more reason to try out a number of bikes before buying. I did not ride the L.L. Bean bike and that was a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment