Monday, February 4, 2013

The Winter of My Discontent

I have had one Hell of a time getting in exercise this winter. Very little riding. Very little running. The gym has been making money off of me this past few months.

Not exercising feeds on itself. It becomes easier each day to say to yourself, "it can wait until tomorrow." But tomorrow comes and goes. Then before you know it, you haven't been out there for a week. A month. A year. A decade. I'm not kidding. I don't think I ran a mile between high school and about a year ago. Decades.

Today I took the bull by the horns. I said, f#@! it, I'm going to run. Something. Anything. I threw on my workout clothes, ran a few errands and went to the little park by our house. I'll walk. Run a little anything.

I hopped out of the car, took off my sweats (Due to cycling, I've got great legs. I figure if I wear tights and people are admiring my legs they aren't looking at my gut). I started running. No warm up, nothing. Five laps. Hey, .2 miles times 5: I just ran a mile!

Again, something. Anything, to get started. I can't wait to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment