Monday, November 14, 2011

Warm Fall Days

I love these warm fall days. It was 65 degrees today, and although it was overcast and I was a little cold at first, I warmed right up. I chose not to wear the beanie under my helmet, but I think would have ended up taking it off mid-ride if I had chosen to do so. I wore my L.L. Bean fleece zip jacket, which is a great garment for this temperature.

I wore my leg warmers and I think I like these better than bib-tights at these temps. It gives you the option of taking them off if you start getting warm. It's much more important to keep your trunk and arms warm. The legs warm up just fine because of all the heat generated by muscle action. The arms and trunk are just sitting there not doing any work, so they tend to get cold.

I rode about a half an hour from 107th and Roe to Watts Mill. I'm consistently amazed at the effect riding has on blood sugar. It was about four hours since lunch, and the ride dropped my blood sugar about 100 points.

Short ride due to time issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment