Thursday, July 18, 2013

On Getting Faster

I've taken up running, and even though I'm still relatively new at it I have established a habit of running at least three times a week.

Today on the road bike I noticed a huge difference not only in speed, but in my ability to maintain a fast pace for an extended period of time. Fast for me is 20 miles an hour on flat ground. Not blistering by any means, but fast enough that I think I can begin to entertain riding a regular group ride soon.

I also think riding my heavy bike path bike, a Specialized Sirrus, has made me faster and increased my endurance.

I have come to enjoy the feedback that you get from regular exercise. I can see improvements from week-to-week with my running and riding that you just don't see when you lack that rhythm.

Feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment