Thursday, July 18, 2013

Back On The Roads

I have been riding my road bike a lot lately. I love having more than one bike, but I am a bit of a streaker when it comes to riding the same bike and giving the other one (someday that will read others) a rest.

I love my road bike. It's a pretty much stock entry-level Specialized Allez save for Mavic wheels and nice plush handlebar tape. I love the thing. It accelerates like a sports car and after riding my heavy Specialized Sirrus, it seams feather light. It's mostly comfortable, too.

I have been riding the Sirrus on bike paths for so long that I'm having to get used to riding on the road all over again. It freaks me out to have cars pass me from behind more than perhaps it should. I've been going out in the mornings to ride before the traffic gets too thick and mixing in busier roads with almost careless neighborhood streets. Each day I find myself wanting to do a little more on the busier roads.

Now, if I could just up enough nerve to tackle more hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment