Friday, March 22, 2013

Training Camp

This is the time of the year that pro cycling teams head to training camp to prepare for the major cycling   events of the spring and summer. The European-based teams head to the Mediterranean, particularly islands like Majorca, where the terrain is similar to what they will experience in the Alps, Dolomites and Pyrenees later in the year.

Many European-based cycling teams head to the Mediterranean
for camp this time of year.
Of course here in the states, Major League Soccer teams just finished their pre-season camps and Major League Baseball is in Florida and Arizona preparing for the season.
It got me thinking what I can do to prepare for the riding season, so I've cooked up my own kind of camp.

I have created a short, quick route that I intend to do five days in a row and see how much I can improve over the week. It's only 12 miles, but it has some hills. I need something to shock my system, and honestly I miss the road bike. I've been mostly riding the Sirrus, my bike path bike, which is like a tank compared to my road bike.

I'll let you know how it goes.

My Spring Training Camp. I'll do this quick, short route with some elevation for five days in a row
to get myself back into cycling shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment