Tuesday, March 5, 2013

No Going Back


I took the plunge last night. There is no going back.

I am registered for my first 5K of the year in two weeks, which will be only a few days before my hernia surgery. This will be the first 5K I plan to run. Well, mostly, I will do a little walking, but I intend to treat this as a run, meaning I'll be running about 3 of the 3.2 miles.

But wait, there's more.

I have registered for the Hospital Hill 5K in early June.

That means I'll have to fully recover from surgery and get back on the road before the next one rolls around in about 90 days. Whew!

And to think before my illness in 2010 I would go to extraordinary measures to avoid a flight of stairs.

At Hospital Hill last year I remarked to my wife that I would not even had made the walk from the car to the start line. We walked that one.

Now, I have become a runner!

My goal is to finish the first 5K. My goal is to improve upon that base time for the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment