Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The season is upon us

Paris-Nice this week reminds us that cycling season, both professional and recreational, is upon us. Well, at least for those of us who reside in the northern hemisphere.

In Europe, Paris-Nice is followed next month by the Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix and Liege Bastogne Liege. May brings the world's best stateside for the Amgen Tour of California. As an aside, I hope Jen is a podium girl again. (That's Jen on the left).


Anyway, the super team is BMC with Thor Hushovd, Philippe Gilbert and 2011 Tour de France winner Cadel Evans. I happen to be a fan of the newly-formed Omega Pharma Quickstep team, mostly because Levi Liepheimer is a member, but also because Tom Boonen is one heck of a rider. They also have an excellent kit!


Closer to home, we are gearing up for the Tour de Cure on June 10. I am Team Red captain. I just ordered my Team Red kit last night, but have to wait until April to get it! There are three TDC organized training rides next month and I am starting to organize team rides. It will be fun to be out there as a member of a team instead of going it solo, which is fun in its own right. There is a TDC kickoff event on March 20th that I am looking forward to.

We have a goal of getting 25 riders on the team. We already have 10, which is great considering its still out-of-season. I have now have to get busy raising money!

No comments:

Post a Comment