Friday, May 17, 2013

Confession Time

Here is my big confession. Over the winter I've put on five pounds. I feel fat. Slow. I have doubts. I have not been riding regularly. I have not been running regularly. I have been upping my insulin at lunch and dinner so I can eat crap.

I've got a million excuses. Valid ones. Kids. School. The usual. It's the reason most people get out of shape.

I have resolved this summer when I am home with the kids before hopefully starting nursing school in the fall, to take time for myself. The time I have is before 7 a.m. If that's it, that's it. Early to bed...you know the rest.

The old me was in a sad shape. I was incapable of getting out of bed at 6 a.m. strapping on running shoes and heading out the door.

The new me:

  • is winded after a 16-mile ride, not ready to pass out,
  • gets up, hits the street and walks a mile rather than running - but he gets out there,
  • considers this a bump in the road, not a hopeless situation,
  • is looking forward to logging miles running and riding,
  • is ready to head to the gym and work on my skinny arms so I don't look like a geek in a running singlet,
  • wants to fix my hernia so I don't look pregnant when my shirt is a little tight,
  • Wants to fit into a Size Large shirt. Right now I can wear an XL, but most of my shirts are still 2X,
  • wants to be able to fit into size 38 jeans, the promised land of wide selection of cool kid jeans,
  • wants to eventually be under 200 pounds and retire my Clydesdale status,
  • wants to be around for his kids.
In short, the New Me is going to have a good summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment