Thursday, August 29, 2013

What Type of Cyclist Are You?

From Forbes.


Researchers at McGill University in Canada recently did a survey of cyclists and concluded that a one-size-fits-all approach to promoting cycling might not be best.

The study found that cyclists fall into four groups: Path Using Cyclists (36 percent), Dedicated Cyclists (24 percent), Fairweather Utilitarians (23 percent) and Leisure Cyclists (17 Percent).

Where do you fall in?

I found the categories to be pretty good, but they don't quite fit me. I have a road bike and a bike path bike. I enjoy riding them equally, and tend to ride one or the other in spurts. I'll be on a bike path kick for a while then switch and primarily use the road bike on city streets.

After thinking about it for a while, I think I fall into the Dedicated Cyclist category. The study defined these riders as people who consider cycling to be an important part of their identity.

You can view a Forbes story on the research here.

No comments:

Post a Comment